WESTERN AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF TEACHING - BOARD ELECTIONS
I refer the minister to the recent declaration by the Electoral Commissioner that the election for the board of the Western Australian College of Teaching be declared void.
(1) When did the minister become aware of any potential problems with the rules that would likely affect the election of the board of WACOT?
(2) Did the minister discuss the possibility of delaying the election of the WACOT board with the interim board of WACOT prior to the discovery of the problem with the rules?
(3) If yes to (2), why was the minister canvassing the possibility of delaying the WACOT election?
(4) When will the election of the WACOT board be conducted?
Hon LJILJANNA RAVLICH replied:
I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1) 20 October 2006.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) As soon as practicable as determined by the interim WACOT board and subject to the issues with the election procedures being rectified.