Eligibility : Residents of Western Australia Only
To the President and Members of the Legislative Council of the Parliament of Western Australia in Parliament assembled. We the undersigned ...
1. Are distressed that Western Australians are being attacked for their faith;
2. In particular find the use of phrases such as “Bible-bashers”, “happy-clappers” and “God-botherers” in the media and in public discourse to be repugnant descriptors for people of the Christian faith;
3. Affirm that no person should be harassed because of their personal faith;
4. Recognise that whilst the State Government has no role to endorse or favour one faith over any other, it does have a responsibility to ensure that every Western Australian, whether of faith or otherwise, is properly protected;
5. Call on the McGowan Government to publicly state that they support freedom of religion, thought and conscience;
6. Further call on the McGowan Government to commit to prioritising legislation that better protects those freedoms and to abandon legislation that undermines those freedoms; and
7. Request that the Legislative Council examine the adequacy of existing remedies available to those who are subjected to these attacks and how these can be enhanced.
And your petitioners as in duty bound, will ever pray.
Sorry this e-Petition status is "Current". You may not sign the petiton at this time.