The Select Committee is to inquire into and report on the economic and social impact of measures introduced in Western Australia to restrict personal choice ‘for the individual’s own good’, with particular reference to —
(1) risk-reduction products such as e-cigarettes, e-liquids and heat-not-burn tobacco products, including any impact on the wellbeing, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users;
(2) outdoor recreation such as cycling and aquatic leisure, including any impact on the wellbeing, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users; and
(3) any other measures introduced to restrict personal choice for individuals as a means of preventing harm to themselves.
The Select Committee is to report by no later than 12 months after the Committee has been established.
By order of the Legislative Council on Wednesday 29 August 2018, membership of the Select Committee on Personal Choice and Community Safety shall be:
- Hon Aaron Stonehouse (Chair)
- Hon Dr Sally Talbot (Deputy Chair)
- Hon Steve Thomas
- Hon Rick Mazza
- Hon Pierre Yang.