Terms of Reference
Areas of responsibility of the committee
Functions and powers of the committee
At the commencement of every Parliament the Assembly will appoint a Public Accounts Committee to inquire into and report to the Assembly on any proposal, matter or thing it considers necessary, connected with the receipt and expenditure of public moneys, including moneys allocated under the annual Appropriation bills and Loan Fund.
Powers of committee
The Committee may -
(b) is referred to it by a Minister; or
1. Examine the financial affairs and accounts of government agencies of the State which includes any statutory board, commission, authority, committee, or trust established or appointed pursuant to any rule, regulation, by-law, order, order in Council, proclamation, ministerial direction or any other like means.
2. Inquire into and report to the Assembly on any question which -
(a) it deems necessary to investigate;
(c) is referred to it by the Auditor General.
3. Consider any papers on public expenditure presented to the Assembly and such of the expenditure as it sees fit to examine.
4. Consider whether the objectives of public expenditure are being achieved, or may be achieved more economically.
5. The Committee will investigate any matter which is referred to it by resolution of the Legislative Assembly.