A number of highly informative and interesting publications have been produced under the direction of the Parliamentary History Advisory Committee.
The following publications are available for purchase from Reception Services, Parliament House, Harvest Terrace, Perth WA 6000, Tel: (08) 9222 7222. A number of these publications are also available through the State Library system.
- House to House: The Story of Western Australia’s Government and Parliament Houses over 175 years, Phillip Pendal and David Black, 2004.
- Speakers and Presidents of the Western Australian Parliament, Harry Phillips, 2004.
- The Western Australian Parliamentary Handbook, twenty-fourth edition, 2017 (revised).
- Making a Difference: A Frontier of Firsts. Women in the Western Australian Parliament 1921–2012, David Black and Harry Phillips, 2012.
- Parliament: Mirror of the People? Members of the Parliament of Western Australia 1890–2007, Phillip Pendal, David Black and Harry Phillips, 2007.
Other recommended reading:
- The House on the Hill: A History of the Parliament of Western Australia, 1832–1990, David Black (editor), 1991.
- An Enduring Friendship: Western Australia and Japan: Past, Present and Future, David Black and Sachiko Sone (eds.), 2009.
- Election Statistics: Legislative Assembly of Western Australia, 1890–1996, David Black (assisted by Valerie Prescott), 1997.
- Legislative Council of Western Australia: Membership Register, Electoral Law and Statistics 1890–1989, David Black, (revised 1991).
- Legislative Council of Western Australia: Elections and Electoral Law 1867–1890, David Black and Brian de Garis, 1992.
- Biographical Register of Members of the Parliament of Western Australia, Volume One, 1870–1930, David Black and Geoffrey Bolton, 1990 (revised and updated 2001).
- Biographical Register of Members of the Parliament of Western Australia, Volume Two, 1930–2010, David Black and Geoffrey Bolton, 2010.
Parliament also has an electronic version of Member Biographies dating to 1870.