Our department’s mission is '[t]o pursue excellence in supporting the Legislative Council'.
A number of strategic themes underpin the work of the Legislative Council. In brief, these include —
- providing high-quality executive leadership and strategic management to the Department of the Legislative Council;
- delivering comprehensive, accurate and timely advice, training and support in relation to parliamentary procedure, practice and privilege to the Legislative Council, its members and committees;
- delivering high quality and proactive advice, research, administrative and executive services to parliamentary committees that are served by the Department of the Legislative Council; and
- providing efficient, structured and systematic administrative services to support the operations of the Department of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Council, its members and committees.
Our success against these strategic directions is measured through annual surveys, client and stakeholder feedback, financial management outcomes and key efficiency indicators.
The following core values are central to the quality of service delivery by our teams:
- Independence—to provide services in an objective, diligent and impartial manner.
- Integrity—to be accountable and act in a professional, honest, ethical and equitable manner.
- Improvement—to improve the quality of services by exploring new ideas and opportunities.
- Respect—to promote a fair workplace that encourages contributions and values diversity.
- Cooperation—to cooperate with, support and assist colleagues.
At the Legislative Council we would value your feedback so we can continually improve our services.