(sq km): 70 Number of Electors
Source: Western Australian Electoral Commission. Origin of the Name
Most of the suburb of Belmont island was assigned to Captain Francis Henry Byrne in 1931. It is believed that Byrne named his land "Belmont" after his estate in England. The land was not developed, until 1882 when Shepherd Smith of Sydney purchased it, and in 1897 and 1898 instigated the major subdivision of the area. For many years the lots were quite large due to the development of the area for training racehorses, and because of the proximity to the Belmont Park Racecourse.
Source: Western Australia. Department of Land Administration. Names and Places. Suburbs and Towns within the Electorate
Ascot; Belmont; Burswood *; Cloverdale; Hazelmere *; Kewdale *; Redcliffe ; Rivervale ; South Guildford *; Welshpool *
* = Suburb/Town split between more than one electorate.
Source: Western Australian Electoral Commission.