Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Human Resources Officer and Executive Assistant|
|Level and Salary:||$78,452 - $95,994 per annum (level 4/5) + superannuation + extra benefits|
|Employment Type:||Contract, Full Time|
|Length of Contract:||14 month parental leave contract|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||Applications are invited from candidates with sound Human Resources and administrative experience. This is an opportunity to be part of a small team in a dynamic environment with generous employment conditions.|
This position assists the Human Resources unit which is responsible for delivering recruitment and selection, OSH management and policy development and payroll services to the Parliament of Western Australia. Strict confidentiality of communications and records is paramount.
This position also provides confidential high level executive support to the Parliamentary Services Executive by undertaking such tasks as preparation of correspondence, meeting co-ordination, record keeping and minute taking.
The successful candidate must have a strong service focus and proven experience assisting with the development of HR policies and practices and administering recruitment and selection processes. We are looking for a person who has highly developed organisational skills and can quickly develop positive relationships with managers and employees.
Parliamentary Services employees enjoy a range of benefits designed to make Parliament an enjoyable place to work. These include a pleasant work environment in a great location, free parking, professional development opportunities, access to flexible working hours, staff cafeteria, free use of our gymnasium and a generous health and well-being program.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Certificate of Human Resource Management, or equivalent experience in a Human Resources related discipline with at least 3 years' experience working as a Human Resources Officer or in a similar capacity.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a proven ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set and meet deadlines.
· Highly competent in the use of contemporary information technology.
· Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and act with discretion.
· Willingness to support and embrace PSD’s Values.
· General understanding of OSH requirements.
· Ability to analyse systems and processes and suggest and implement process improvements.
|Details:||If you have these skills and are a highly motivated individual, we would be interested in receiving your application. |
Applications must include an application for employment form, a current resume and concise statement (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria. A job description and application form can be downloaded below or by contacting Human Resources email@example.com or by phoning (08) 9222 7202.
Applications must be marked "Application - Confidential" and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to the Human Resources Manager, Parliament House, Perth WA 6000 by the closing date.
|Contact for Further Information:||For further job related information or information about the application process please contact Vanessa Burgess, Human Resources, on 9222 7202 or email@example.com. |
|Closing Date and Time:||Friday 16 August 2019, 4.00pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|PSD Values.pdfHuman Resources Officer and Executive Assistant.pdf|