PDF version of the Churchlands electorate map
PDF version of the North Metropolitan Region electorate map
(sq km): 24 Number of Electors
Source: Western Australian Electoral Commission. Origin of the Name
The area which today comprises the suburb of "Churchlands" was originally granted to Henry Trigg in 1831. In September 1891, this area was acquired by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Perth, the Right Reverend Matthew Gibney. Gibney was far sighted in his acquisition of land for the Church, and this area became known as "Church Lands" as a result of it being owned by the Church. The City of Perth referred to an area just south of here as "Churchlands" as early as 1924.
Source: Western Australia. Department of Land Administration. Names and Places. Suburbs and Towns within the Electorate
Churchlands; City Beach *; Doubleview *; Floreat *; Glendalough; Scarborough *; Wembley *; Wembley Downs; West Leederville *; Woodlands
* = Suburb/Town split between more than one Electorate.
Source: Western Australian Electoral Commission.